Saturday, April 08, 2006

I'm back!

For a good long tiime I was leeching wifi signal from my neighbors. They either moved or put up a firewall and that, more than anything, was the reason I haven't been doing a damned thing on this here blog. NO MORE! I now have internet access in the apartment and way too much free time on my hands.

Last night Laura and I met up with Julia, Andrew, TK and Kiersten at a local gallery and checked out the sculpture du jour: Britney Spears giving birth on a bearskin rug.


Laura and I both favored the fact that you can see the crowning head of her son. My personal complaint was that it just didn't look that much like her. I wouldn't have ever guessed it was her had I not been told. Whatever, I got a free PBR and I'm now some strange part of a small footnote in modern art history. Oh yeah, and you can buy it for $135,000.

From there we biked over the bridge to the east village to celebrate Wes' 27th b-day. All kinds of people were there and the bar had a great Reingold-and-a-shot-of-questionable-whisky for $5 special. The ride home was a lot of fun and Laura and I burned it up for the last half mile.

Dunno if you've ever done it, but if you have even on beer, bike hard and get off your bike, you will feel like a prize drunk. The all just metabolizes in your body and hits you when you stop. It's raining out and I plan on taking it easy today.


1 comment:

Antlers said...

aw this one. i can't make up my mind about this artist. it's pretty funny but also terribly cynical it seems.

anyway, about the HIP insurance. so do you go to the doctor often? do you have to wait a long time to get an appointment? have you been impressed by the doctor's offices and quality of service? how much are prescription drugs?

thanks for the advice!