Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ahhh Love

So the pot luck went over damned well. Lots of good food, friends and wholesale consumption of affordable wine. Kristine brought her dog Milo over and the two of them fought and humped to everyone's amusement. Afterwards the party moved to The Palace, a bar in Greenpoint where everyone got beer by the pitcher.

So then......

Laura and I chatted about marraige, something that had happened before and had been left unspoken in the morning. I've realized for a while that she was the one, it was just a matter of when and where etc. etc. We went back to the house and passed out. I woke up at about seven in the morning and remembered instantly what we had discussed. I had thought to ask her this summer, probably on a small island off of the Croatian Coast. Now I was like, "oh shit, gotta do it now!"

I waited till she woke up and asked her. She said yes, we made calls, we searched for a ring (and found one for an undisclosed amount) had dinner and, since we felt to damned awful from the night before, we pretty much called it a night.

As for the response, I think my mother, who is paid for her ability to orate and is currently writing a book on parenting techniques said it best, "what took you so fucking long!"

5 comments:

Big Tom said...

I have a dad!

Emily Farris said...

He, he, he. I'm SO EXCITED for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, bro! You got yourself a great girl there...
So does being engaged give you a "different slant on things"?

Kris said...

Yeah! Now I have a positive example of how young FUN marrieds act -not like those schleps in the burbs.

d said...

Congratulations, Frank.

well done.

drinks on me next I'm in NY.